CARITAS AUSTRALIA COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE – PAPUA NEW GUINEA
· Join the world’s 2nd largest International Aid & Development Agency
· Strategic Leadership role for Caritas Australia Papua New Guinea Office
Summary: Represent Caritas Australia in Papua New Guinea with stakeholders and partners, including the Catholic Church in PNG, government agencies and institutions, international organisations, and local communities.
About Caritas Australia
At Caritas Australia, we have a vision to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity for all. We partner with the most vulnerable communities to help them build better outcomes by improving access to sustainable livelihoods, clean water, sanitation and education.
Why work for Caritas Australia?
· Opportunity to join a truly diverse and essential organisation that makes a real difference in the lives of the most marginalised people in the regions we support.
· Advance your career within the International Aid & Development sector with a focus on professional development and on-the-job learning opportunities.
· Competitive salary and 9.5% Nasfund contributions.
· Additional benefits including: home leave payment, ex-gratia days granted to cover the period between Christmas and New Year and Salary packaging.
· Access to Caritas vehicle for work purposes.
What does the role involve?
· Providing overall strategic leadership and management of the Caritas Australia office and operations in PNG in line with the Caritas Australia strategy and mission.
· Brokering effective relationships and partnerships with the Catholic Church, relevant government ministries and departments, DFAT and other International Government Agencies and NGOs in PNG.
This role is based in our Port Moresby Office.
Only national applicants will be considered for the role.
Who are we looking for?
For this role, we are seeking a senior leader who is highly organised and dynamic, who is committed to making a difference in the world. The successful candidate will have a mix of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
· A relevant tertiary degree with experience working in the international aid and development sector, preferably within a faith-based in a developing country.
· Strong analytical and conceptual skills together with excellent oral and written communication skills.
· A demonstrated capacity to lead an efficient, effective and high-performing team to set goals and priorities to administer a complex partnership and program portfolio.
· Demonstrated capacity to represent Caritas Australia in PNG through the proactive development and management of complex church, government and NGO partnerships and programs.
· Demonstrated experience in managing strategic and operational matters in an in-country office while working with and reporting to a head office based in Australia.
· Demonstrated experience in change management, facilitation and accompaniment, capacity strengthening, and leadership development.
· Experience working with the Catholic Church is highly desirable
Check the full Role description on the following link:
For any further questions or enquiries, please contact the recruitment team at People.Culture@caritas.org.au. Please submit your cover letter and CV through the relevant links.
Application submission will close by December 08, 2023.
CVs will be assessed on a rolling basis.
Our commitment to safeguarding – Caritas Australia recognises the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults. As part of your employment, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks (Criminal Record Checks, Working with Children Checks, Reference Checks), abide by our safeguarding policies, and sign our Code of Conduct including Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults.
Our commitment to diversity - Caritas Australia encourages and supports an inclusive and diverse workforce. We consider applications regardless of race, sex, gender, age and disability. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, members of minority groups, non-binary people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our commitment to safety and wellbeing - Depending on your role, Caritas Australia may require you to undertake health checks or receive vaccinations to ensure your safety and well-being at work.